McAfee Antivirus Plus is the newest top-of-the-line version of the famous antivirus software.Thanks to a partnership with Intel, a large number of computers and laptops now come with a free or trial version of McAfee pre-installed, making it perhaps the world’s most popular antivirus software. The question is, is it worth the $59.99 annual fee to get all the bells and whistles that are on offer.
About Mcafee Antivirus Plus : www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard
With most annual antivirus software licences costing around $39.99, McAfee Antivirus Plus positions itself as a premium product. For the money, it is a solid antivirus product that includes a firewall, encryption and monitoring services, alongside a few unexpected features like a password manager and update checker.
Beyond what is expected, the greatest advantage it has over its competitors is the ability to install the software on unlimited devices. This means that the annual fee protects laptops, phones, computers and anything else with a digital pulse, bringing real value to the table.
A new Virus Protection Pledge and live support show that McAfee has a renewed focus on user experience. This is a product that wants to be taken seriously after a period of time when McAfee in general was regarded as somewhat lacklustre antivirus protection, and McAfee Antivirus Plus certainly ticks most of the boxes.
A single subscription for McAfee AntiVirus Plus lets you protect every Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS device in your household. It’s quite a deal, and the current edition adds some new and useful features.
Relentless security software scans and blocks dangerous emails, risky web content, and online threats like viruses, Trojans, spyware, and rootkits. McAfee Active Protection immediately looks at suspicious material and determines its risk to help keep your computer secure. Extra layers of Internet security software block bad guys breaking in or sneaking out with your personal information. This traffic cop patrols nonstop to prevent malicious software from gaining access to your PC.
How to Install/Activate/Setup Mcafee Antivirus Plus Security?
In our experience the best 7 steps to Install/Activate/Setup McAfee Antivirus Plus Security :
- Open a web browser and go to the link : www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard. (Shown on your retail card).
- Select your country and language.
NOTE: The registration page tries to select the correct region, but it might not always get this right. Confirm that the region is correct before you continue.
a) The activation code from your retail card.
b) Your Email Address.
- Click Submit.
- When prompted, check that your Email Address is correct. If your email address is incorrect:
- Click Edit to return to the previous screen.
- Correct your email address.
- Click Verify.
Your subscription is now activated.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a McAfee account and install your McAfee Antivirus Plus Security Software.
Features of McAfee Antivirus Plus:www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard
Cloud-based threat analysis keeps you protected without slowing you down.
McAfee Ransom Guard monitors and neutralize Ransomware before it can take your device hostage.
Safe Web Browsing
Sidestep attacks before they happen with clear warnings of risky websites, links and files.
Keep your PC running like new, block auto-play videos on websites and minimize bandwidth usage.
Get free customer support via phone, chat or online for the life of your subscription.
Secure PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets and intuitively manage your protection on the web.
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus has a bulky interface which somehow seems carefully designed to use as much screen space as possible. Its window is large and there are five tabs, each crammed with large buttons, unnecessary text and a surplus of white space, yet it still looks mostly empty.
- What’s more, the one button you might expect to get with an antivirus – something to launch a scan with a single click – isn’t there. Instead you must click ‘Scan for viruses’, then choose your scan type: Quick or Full. (There are no other built-in scan types, and no Avast or Avira-like option to create and save a custom scan type of your own).
- Scanning is initially slow – the first ‘quick’ scan that we ran took around 25 minutes – but subsequent checks were faster. Overall, McAfee had average scan speeds, although we’ve no issues with its effectiveness. The program detected all our test threats and didn’t raise a single false alarm.
- Web protection is handled mostly by McAfee Web Advisor, a browser extension which detects and blocks access to malware, malicious and phishing sites, and more. It’s not bad (and we’re happy to see it now supports Edge, as well as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer), but it’s already available for free to anyone, no subscription required.
- The new Performance section includes App Boost, which intelligently optimizes CPU and I/O priorities to boost system performance. McAfee says you could see an 11-14% increase in speed, although we suspect that’s not going to happen in most cases.
- McAfee Mobile Security for iOS includes a standard set of anti-theft tools (locate your device, take a picture of the thief, remotely wipe data or activate an alarm) and a basic backup option. Nothing special there, but the two new additions make a real difference: Safe Web prevents you accessing malicious websites, while Wi-Fi Threat Scan detects and alerts you to common network attacks (Man In The Middle, SSL decryption/stripping).
- McAfee Mobile Security for Android has everything in the iOS build, and adds much, much more: antivirus, ransomware removal, app privacy inspection (check permissions and remove anything which goes too far), call and SMS blocking, power management and more. New this time is a Data Usage Tracker which monitors how much data is transferred by an app, and allows you to set data limits by day or month.
There’s no trial available for McAfee AntiVirus Plus, but the company does provide a 30-day build of its capable security suite, McAfee Total Protection. That’s not ideal, but the core interface and technology is the same, and you can check out Total Protection’s extra features as well: these include a firewall, spam filter, password manager, parental controls, online storage, and more.
- Includes firewall, web and email protection, and more
- Good AV database
- Download on all your devices
- Extra tools: file shredder and defragmenter
The trial is easy to find and set up. The installer downloads and installs its files without complaining about ‘incompatible’ software or hassling about options or settings. The setup program even minimizes itself to stay out of your way, and you can carry on with something else while it works.
When the interface finally appears, a series of popups highlight key areas of the UI and briefly explains what they do. It’s a useful guide which gets you up and running right away, but again you can dismiss it in a click if you know the program already.
A quick check with Task Manager revealed a surprising number of new McAfee-related background processes, as many as 19 in some situations. That makes for higher than usual RAM use at around 200MB, but there was no significant CPU or disk usage when running in the background, and overall the package had no significant impact on our performance.
Safe Searching and Shopping for :www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard
- Color-coded icons next to your search results let you know before you click which sites are safe and which may install malicious code, phish for your identity, or send you spam.
- We invest in performance to help you enjoy your digital life to the limit–surfing, shopping, and socializing with minimal interruptions.
- Permanently destroy sensitive files to be sure they cannot be retrieved by other users when you donate, recycle, lend or upgrade your PC.
- Unused applications, cached browser files, and other junk slow down your PC. McAfee QuickClean software removes the clutter so your computer can keep up with your digital life.
- McAfee now blocks stealthy botnet software by denying its attempts to connect your PC to web addresses that belong to crooks. This extra defense helps prevent your computer from sending out your personal information to Internet crime networks.
- Portable storage devices can be infected in their travels, spreading malicious code from system to system. McAfee scans and blocks this portable payload of viruses, Trojans, and worms before it can wriggle into your PC and your network.
- Many people get McAfee protection because they are already infected. To help you salvage your system, McAfee works to remove infections as our software installs.
If you want to know how to Activate/Install/Setup other McAfee Products, Kindly Visit:
a) McAfee MLS (McAfee Live Safe), kindly visit www.mcafee.com/mls/retailcard
b) McAfee MAV (McAfee Antivirus Plus), kindly visit www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard
c) McAfee MTP (McAfee Total Protection), kindly visit www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard
d) McAfee MIS (McAfee Internet Security), kindly visit www.mcafee.com/mis/retailcard
e) To Activate McAfee, kindly visit www.mcafee.com/activate